Home › Forums › Travel › Long weekend in SD and Legoland for mama and kiddies › Reply To: Long weekend in SD and Legoland for mama and kiddies
San Diego and Legoland are both great destinations for a long weekend getaway with kids. Here are some ideas for things to do.
Day 1: San Diego
- Start the day with a visit to the San Diego Zoo, which is one of the most famous zoos in the world and home to over 3,700 animals. Kids will love seeing the pandas, elephants, and giraffes up close.
- After the zoo, head to Balboa Park, which is home to several museums, gardens, and theaters. The park also has plenty of green space for picnicking or playing.
- In the evening, head to the beach for a sunset walk and dinner at one of the many seafood restaurants in the area.
Day 2: Legoland
- Spend the day at Legoland, which is located in nearby Carlsbad. The park features rides, shows, and attractions based on the popular Lego toy brand. Kids will love the Lego-themed rides, such as the Dragon Coaster and the Lego Ninjago Ride.
- In the evening, head back to San Diego for dinner and some rest.
Day 3: San Diego
- Spend the morning at the USS Midway Museum, which is located on an aircraft carrier docked in San Diego Bay. Kids can explore the ship and learn about the history of the US Navy.
- In the afternoon, head to Coronado Island for a visit to the famous Hotel Del Coronado, which is a National Historic Landmark. Kids can play on the beach while mom relaxes at the hotel’s spa.
- In the evening, head to Old Town San Diego for dinner and a taste of the city’s history. Old Town is the site of the first European settlement in California and features several historic buildings and museums.