there are several interesting places you can visit along the way:
- Joshua Tree National Park: Located about halfway between LA and Vegas, Joshua Tree National Park is a unique desert landscape that’s worth a visit. The park is known for its distinctive rock formations and Joshua trees, and offers hiking trails, rock climbing, and stargazing opportunities.
- Calico Ghost Town: This former mining town, located in the Mojave Desert, has been preserved as a historical landmark. Visitors can explore the town’s abandoned buildings, ride a train, and pan for gold.
Seven Magic Mountains: This art installation, located about 10 miles south of Las Vegas, features seven brightly colored stacked boulders that are a popular spot for taking photos.
- Mojave National Preserve: This large national park is located about 60 miles southwest of Las Vegas, and offers a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, camping, and stargazing. The park is home to the world’s largest Joshua tree forest, as well as sand dunes and volcanic cinder cones.
- Peggy Sue’s 50’s Diner: Located in the town of Yermo, about 90 minutes from LA, this retro diner is a popular roadside stop. The diner is decorated in 1950s style and offers classic American fare, as well as a gift shop.
- Route 66 Museum: Located in the town of Victorville, about an hour and a half from LA, this museum celebrates the history of Route 66, the famous road that once connected Chicago to Santa Monica.